Showing all 3 results
This class is aimed towards those with little or no experience kayaking, as well as those who want some formal instruction or technique tips from an instructor.
Instruction, Kayaking$99.00In the kayak rescue and reentry class we will discuss:
Please plan on wearing a long or short sleeve paddling top (or rash guard) and board shorts or leggings over your swimsuit and under your wetsuit. You may find this attire more comfortable. There are some awkward positions while doing the reentry maneuvers. Your wetsuit will be provided for these skills.Plan to bring a change of clothes, towel, water and any snacks you may need for after class. It’ll be about 2 hours in the water and we will meet at the dock.We look forward to kayaking with you, and if you have any questions or concerns about your class, please give us a call!
- Safety features on a kayak, and your personal floatation device (PFD).
- Proper safety equipment to take out with you on the water
- Instructor demonstration of how to get in and out of the kayak from a dock.
- We will go over possible scenarios, proper approach, and learn several essential rescue techniques.
- You will practice rescuing another paddler, being rescued yourself, and how to self-rescue.
Currently this course is on hold due to Covid restrictions.
Want to become a true kayaking pro? Learn to right yourself quickly and efficiently after tipping over in your boat. No longer will you have to escape the boat and deal with the pain of getting back in from the water.