Want to go SCUBA diving? Learn how now on beautiful Bainbridge Island, located right in the middle of the Puget Sound.
Price includes tuition, PADI eLearning and crewpack, and SCUBA life support equipment rental.
Successful completion of this course will lead to certification with PADI as an Open Water Diver, which enables you to be able to rent gear and safely dive whenever and wherever you’d like.
July Class One, July Class Two, August Class One, August Class Two
How to Sign up for your course! Please follow the below steps.
Step-by-step signup guide:
1) Read through the course description below for an idea of what this course involves.
2) Call or email for dates for the next class. We will be having classes throughout the year.
- We post dates by the month pool is reserved and available. Due to Covid our pool time is limited and variable each month in regards to days and times. At the completion of confined water training (pool) a full weekend of Open Water check out dives are arranged.
- Private classes can be arranged for your schedule for an additional fee.
3) Please download the Medical Waiver and answer the Divers Medical Questionnaire.
- If you answer yes to any of the questions, take the waiver to a physician and get approved before submitting payment.
4) Please call or email for your dates and complete the online registration process
- For children ages 10 and 11, please select the youth option. Classes with young children require more staff and instructor time.
5) Before the first pool session, we need you complete your e-learning modules, set up a time to see you in the shop to get you fitted out in the proper gear, fill out needed paperwork, and do an equipment orientation
- Please give us a call at (206) 842-1980 or email to arrange your time for equipment orientation time. Plan on it taking about two hours.
Excited to go SCUBA diving?
Successful completion of the Open Water Diver certification requires finishing the online PADI Open Water Diver eLearning before the first pool session. Our $699.50 course cost includes the Open Water eLearning modules, which we will email to you.
The eLearning is followed by 2 – 3 confined-water dive sessions (pool sessions) where you’ll get familiarized with all the equipment. Your basic skills are taught and practiced in the safety of the pool.
To finish up the course you’ll complete 4 dives over two days in the open water of the Puget Sound. This will be your first chance to see all the amazing wildlife hiding just below the surface, from enormous plumose anemones to the Giant Pacific Octopus.
Then you’ll be ready to sign up for the Advanced Open Water class, or a variety of Diving Specialties where you learn specific specialized skills .
Up coming Dates :
January dates as pool is available
February dates as pool is available
March dates as pool is available
April dates as pool is available
The tuition includes supplemental materials and PADI e-learning course, a dive log, life support equipment, and a wetsuit for the course. You will need to purchase your personal snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, boots, and gloves).
E-learning is done within the comforts of your home. The Orientation session is held in the Exotic Aquatics Classroom on a private or 1:2 instructor to student ratio.
Pool sessions (confined water training) are held at various private/public pools while we are under Covid 19 restrictions. Open water check-out ( Open Water Weekend) dives will be from the shore, site dependent on weather.
This course is designed for ages 10 to Adult in good physical condition. Those 10* to 14 receive Junior Open Water Certification, those 15 and older receive Open Water Certification.
*Extra sessions and instructors are involved for individuals 10-11 years of age or students needing extra attention. Please select the Youth class option before adding to cart. The price is increased due to the additional time needed to properly train young children depending on the number of days and pool sessions required. (if additional sessions and training are required beyond normal extra staffing & time) Additional fees will be discussed & charged prior to completion .
Headed somewhere warm and tropical for vacation? Enhance your trip and reduce your stress by learning the basics before you go! Learn how to size a mask, breathe from and clear a snorkel, proper finning technique to get you to where you want to go, effective methods for diving below the surface, and much much more.