Want to go SCUBA diving? Learn how now on beautiful Bainbridge Island, located right in the middle of the Puget Sound. Looking for a standard group class, or a customized private course, we have the options you need!
**Unfortunately all activities offered that require the pool have been postponed until April 15th due to North Kitsap School District's policy and COVID-19 health considerations.**
Price includes tuition, PADI eLearning and crewpack, and SCUBA life support equipment rental.
Successful completion of this course will lead to certification with PADI as an Open Water Diver, which enables you to be able to rent gear and safely dive whenever and wherever you’d like.
February Class, March Class, April Class, May Class, June Class
Signing up for our course can be a little confusing, so please follow the below steps.
Step-by-step signup guide:
1) Read through the course description below for an idea of what this course involves.
2) Check our posted dates for the next class on the calendar.
- We post dates as we get exact pool times reserved, but we have classes every month of the year, usually 2 Wednesday evenings & 1 Staurday midday, plus a full weekend for Open Water check out dives.
- Private classes can be arranged to your schedule for an additional fee.
3) Please download the Medical Waiver and answer the Divers Medical Questionnaire.
- If you answer yes to any of the questions, take the waiver to a physician and get approved before submitting payment.
4) Select a date from the dropdown, and complete the online registration process
- For children ages 10 and 11, please select the youth option. Classes with young children require more staff and instructor time.
5) Before the first pool session, we need to see you in the shop to get you fitted out in the proper gear, fill out needed paperwork, and do an equipment orientation.
- Please give us a call at (206)842-1980 and arrange a time to come in. Plan on it taking about two hours.
Excited to go SCUBA diving?
Successful completion of the Open Water Diver certification requires finishing the online PADI Open Water Diver eLearning before the first pool session. Our $549.50 course cost includes an Open Water eLearning credit, which we will email to you.
Prefer to get started on eLearning first, without paying for the rest of the class yet? Please click here to get signed up directly with PADI for the online course.
The eLearning is followed by 3 confined-water dives (pool sessions) where you’ll get familiarized with all the equipment, and basic skills are taught and practiced in the safety of the pool.
To finish up the course you’ll complete 4 dives over two days in the open water of the Puget Sound. This will be your first chance to see all the amazing wildlife hiding just below the surface, from enormous plumose anemones to the Giant Pacific Octopus.
Then you’ll be ready to sign up for the Advanced Open Water class, where a variety of specialized skills are taught and mastered.
Open water students get $50 off the AOW tuition if they sign up within 14 days of OW completion.
**Unfortunately all activities offered that require the pool have been postponed until April 15th due to North Kitsap School District’s policy and COVID-19 health considerations.**
The tuition includes supplemental materials, dive log, life support equipment and wetsuit for the course. You will need to purchase or rent your personal snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, boots, and gloves)
E-learning is done within the comforts of your home while the Orientation session is held in the Exotic Aquatics Classroom.
Pool sessions (a.k.a. confined water training) are held at the North Kitsap pool in Poulsbo. Open water check-out (a.k.a. Open Water Weekend) dives will be from the shore, site dependent on weather.
This course is designed for ages 10 to Adult in good physical condition. Those 10* to 14 receive Junior Open Water Certification, those 15 and older receive Open Water Certification.
*Extra sessions and instructors are involved for individuals 10-11 years of age. Please select the Youth class option before adding to cart. The price is increased due to the additional time needed to properly train young children.
**Unfortunately all activities offered in the pool have been postponed until April 15th due to North Kitsap School District's policy and COVID-19 health considerations.**
Dreaming of exploring the underwater environment of the Puget Sound (or somewhere more tropical) but don't know where to start, or if you'd even like SCUBA diving?
Quality first stage regulator comes with second stage, octopus, power inflator hose, console with pressure gauge, compass, and dive computer.
If you're diving a dry suit we have regulators setup with low pressure hoses for your suit.