PADI Open Water Diver | Small Group
How to Sign up for your course! Please follow the below steps.
Step-by-step signup guide:
1) Read through the course description below for an idea of what this course involves.
Excited to go SCUBA diving?
Successful completion of the Open Water Diver certification requires finishing the online PADI Open Water Diver eLearning before the first pool session. Our $699.99 course cost includes the Open Water eLearning modules, which we will email to you.
The eLearning is followed by 2 – 3 confined-water dive sessions (pool sessions) where you’ll get familiarized with all the equipment. Your basic skills are taught and practiced in the safety of the pool.
To finish up the course you’ll complete 4 dives over two days in the open water of the Puget Sound. This will be your first chance to see all the amazing wildlife hiding just below the surface, from enormous plumose anemones to the Giant Pacific Octopus.
Then you’ll be ready to sign up for the Advanced Open Water class, or a variety of Diving Specialties where you learn specific specialized skills .
2) Scroll Down for dates for the next class. We will be having classes throughout the year.
- Private classes can be arranged for your schedule for an additional fee.
3) Please download the Medical Waiver and answer the Divers Medical Questionnaire.
- If you answer yes to questions 3, 5 and 10, take the waiver to a physician and get approved before submitting payment.
4) Please complete the online registration process for the class date you want to attend.
- For children ages 10 and 11, please select the youth option. Classes with young children require more staff and instructor time.
5) Before the first pool session, we need you to complete your e-learning modules, set up a time to see you in the shop to get you fitted out in the proper gear, fill out needed paperwork, and do an equipment orientation
- Please give us a call at (206) 842-1980 or email to arrange your time for equipment orientation time. Plan on it taking about two hours.
Up coming Dates :
April 20th, April 27th, April 30th POOL – May 7 and May 8 OPEN Water
May 11th, May 13th, May 18th POOL – May 21 and May 22 OPEN Water
June 16th, June 17th, June 23rd POOL – July 9 and July 10 OPEN Water
The tuition includes supplemental materials and PADI e-learning course, a dive log, life support equipment, and a wetsuit for the course. You will need to purchase your personal snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, boots, and gloves).
E-learning is done within the comforts of your home. The Orientation session is held in the Exotic Aquatics Classroom on a private or 1:2 instructor to student ratio.
Pool sessions (confined water training) are held at North Kitsap or Bainbridge Aquatic Center pools. Open water check-out ( Open Water Weekend) dives will be from the shore, site dependent on weather.
This course is designed for ages 10 to Adult in good physical condition. Those 10* to 14 receive Junior Open Water Certification, those 15 and older receive Open Water Certification.
*Extra sessions and instructors are Required for individuals 10-11 years of age or students needing extra attention. Please select the Youth class option before adding to cart. The price is increased due to the additional time needed to properly train young children depending on the number of days and pool sessions required. (if additional sessions and training are required beyond normal extra staffing & time) Additional fees will be discussed & charged prior to completion .
$699.99 – $898.99