Rescue and Re-Entry
Kayak Rescue and Re-Entry
Proper wet exit, self-rescue (paddle float), and assisted-rescue (T-Rescue) will be covered.
Please Click on the “Book Now” Button for a listing of our available dates and times.
If a class or date doesn’t work for you, call today to schedule a private or custom session!
In the kayak rescue and reentry class we will discuss:
- Safety features on a kayak, and your personal floatation device (PFD).
- Proper safety equipment to take out with you on the water
- Instructor demonstration of how to get in and out of the kayak from a dock.
- We will go over possible scenarios, proper approach, and learn several essential rescue techniques.
- You will practice rescuing another paddler, being rescued yourself, and how to self-rescue.
Please plan on wearing a long or short sleeve paddling top (or rash guard) and board shorts or leggings over your swimsuit and under your wetsuit. You may find this attire more comfortable. There are some awkward positions while doing the reentry maneuvers. Your wetsuit will be provided for these skills.
Plan to bring a change of clothes, towel, water and any snacks you may need for after class. It’ll be about 2 hours in the water and we will meet at the dock.
We look forward to kayaking with you, and if you have any questions or concerns about your class, please give us a call!